Our new vision statement was rewritten at the start of the 2015 academic year with the help of staff, parents and governors. It reflects our overarching aims, ethos and values and we plan to use it to chart our journey for the next few years and to inspire further progress and developments.
We aim to be an outstanding, values-based school at the heart of our culturally diverse community, striving for excellence, enabling our children to achieve their highest potential in all areas of the curriculum. We provide an environment and culture of harmony and respect where learners (young and not so young) have the self-confidence to be creative thinkers and develop deep expertise within and beyond the curriculum. This is achieved by developing strong and meaningful relationships with our community including parents, carers, children and governors. Our rich curriculum, WOW moments and BIG OUTCOMES teaches children important life skills as a platform for their futures through creativity and enjoyment.
Our School Council asked the children for their views
They said, at Timbercroft:
· our behaviour is number one;
· we are a friendly team, encouraging each other and achieving together;
· we are part of a respectful, honest and trustworthy community;
· we share the responsibility of educating each other;
· our key thing is safety - we think that every child has the right to be safe;
· we believe that education is important to everyone learning
· environments are incredible because they open up the doors of opportunity for us to learn.
No one should feel left out; inclusion is fundamental- let our voices be heard!