welcome to timbercroft primary school
Rated 'Good' by Ofsted, Timbercroft, part of the Maritime Academy Trust, is a Flagship School for Inclusion and is known for its warm welcoming happy staff, a curriculum that celebrates diversity, sensory rooms and garden, WOW days to start learning (irresistible learning with a wow factor) and BIG outcomes to showcase outcomes of learning.
Timbercroft Primary School is based in Plumstead, south-east London. The school is based on a large site in a residential area and is housed across four main buildings.
The school provides education for approximately 440 children from the ages of 3 – 11:
- Foundation – Nursery and Reception (ages 3 – 5)
- Key Stage 1 – Years 1 and 2 (ages 5 – 7)
- Key Stage 2 – Years 3 – 6 (ages 7 – 11)
Each year group R – 6 has two classes. Nursery children attend either in the morning or afternoon.
Our intake is diverse with over 36 languages being spoken and a wide range of educational needs catered for!
We are very proud of our wonderful friendly caring committed staff and children and look forward to your visit soon!
Ofsted 2018 commented:
- ‘Staff’ demonstrate commitment and passion, making sure that everything they do has the pupils’ best interests at heart.
- Staff are proud to work at the school. Parents and carers also speak very positively about the school and value the care and guidance the staff provide for their children.
- Pupils rise to the challenge and want to do well. They enjoy the complex tasks they complete in mathematics lessons. As one pupil said, ‘The harder it gets, the more fun it is.’
- Additional support for pupils who are struggling with certain concepts is well planned and effective.
'Exceptional features of this school continue to include the ethos of...listening to, challenging and supporting all children; the excellent behaviour, self-confidence and positive attitudes of pupils; the motivating and challenging curriculum; the excellent teamwork and inclusive practice of teaching and support staff; the excellent partnership work with parents; the exceptional support for children with SEND; the wonderful learning environment in all classrooms, including superb displays and the overall positive, happy, supportive, family atmosphere of the school' - Inclusion Quality Mark Report
As part of the Maritime Academy Trust, we strive for success though the Maritime behaviours: